Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Even More Ruffles!

So I am almost done with my Bottled Rainbow square for this week! I'm excited to show you guys! I give it to you quilters out there.. It's alot harder than it looks (at least to me)..


I found a couple of old shirts of Keira's the other day that had a few stains on them.. (eww)!!!
I couldn't get the stains out, so I decided to cover them up.. Hehehe!
And this is what I came up with:

What do you think??

Would you like to make your own?

Well now's your chance!
Go find some of your kid's old shirts (I know you have some! Everyone does!)
You can even use some fabric scraps for this!


I cut the strips for the ruffles 2.5 inches x 9 inches

I serged all 4 edges of the strips (if you don't have a serger you can use a zig zag stitch)
The use your sewing machine to make the ruffles
and place them on your shirt like you would like them to make sure they look right before you sew!

Start with the bottom ruffle and pin it on
(Haha, you see the stains in this picture??)
Sew this ruffle on, make sure to back stitch at the beginning and end to make sure it stays
Continue to do this with your other ruffles until you are done


And there you have it! Your "new" ruffle tee!!

*By the way, Don't forget about my giveaway in the post below!!!*


Linking up with Get your Craft On!

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What stain?!? :) This really is a very clever idea. I just found your site through a blog party and am happy to be a new follower. I would love for you to link your post up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at

    http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/blog-party-4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! You are so talented!

    I'd love for you to link up to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings party going on now. It's a blog hop specifically for kids and teens related "stuff", so your post would be perfect!

    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for linking up your super cute ruffle post at Savvy HomeMade Monday. We are partying again and I hope you will stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inviting me! I will definitely stop by again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wanted to know how to do this, thank you for the easy tutorial!

    I'd love for you to share this at Show & Share!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! SO glad you linked up @ Show & Share. You know I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! And thanks so much for the invite!

    ReplyDelete