Saturday, August 6, 2011

Look what I made!

So this week I got a new toy to play with! I got a Go! Baby fabric cutter by Accuquilt! I was so excited about it, I got started right away. Within an hour I had already made this:
 
I bought the tumbler die along with my cutter, because I saw a post by Ashley over at Make it and Love it. Now I am just waiting on the walking foot for my sewing machine (remember from this post?) so that I can finish it!

A few weeks back I found this awesome tutorial on ruffles on a blog, but now I can't seem to find it. I hate when that happens :\
Anyways, since I couldn't find I it, I have made my own for you!
Are ya ready?

First you can take the strips of fabric that you are going to be ruffling and serge around the edges




Then on your sewing machine, you set the stitch length at the longest setting, and your tension to 9 (or the tightest tension on your machine)



For these ruffles I sewed down the middle, because that is where I wanted my ruffles at. But you can do this part at the top if that is how you want your ruffles.
I went down the center twice with this stitch, when you do that it seems to make the ruffles more evenly.
 When you sew down the length of the fabric with these settings on your sewing machine it will automatically ruffle your fabric like so.
And there you have your ruffles!

Have an awesome weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment