Thursday, September 1, 2011

September and Such!

So September here we are! Time for fall, new school years and (most importantly) new s(c)h(ool) clothes! If you're anything like me you like to revamp old things and make them new again :)
I just love taking old things and revamping so they look new again. It makes me feel better, because I am saving money and giving things a new life!
And I LOVE saving money!
(It makes me feel better about spending money on those cute little fabrics!)

So whenever I can I love making things new again. Just like here:
Isn't the pleated collar so cute?!
I think it is! :)

I took this plain old short sleeve shirt and with a little bit of fabric and...
 tada..
Totally new shirt!

Would you like to revamp an old shirt that is hiding in your daughter's closet??

Well here's your chance!
(Now you can stop making excuses :) This only took me 10 minutes tops!)

I took a piece of fabric that could wrap around the collar of the shirt 3 times and was 2 inches wide

I then serged around the edges (If you don't have a serger you can just do a tight zig zag stitch around) to keep it from fraying

Then I started at the top of one of the left shoulder seam and went around pinning the fabric in pleats all the way until I get to the other shoulder seam.


Now I know that it has only been 5 minute since you started the project, but it's time to take it to your sewing machine :)

Again I started at the right shoulder seam and sewed to the other shoulder seam, also don't forget to backstitch at the beginning and the end!

And there you have it!
 A brand new shirt for your little using things you have laying around!

I can't believe that it is already September! I can't wait for fall, it is my favorite season! And with fall comes my favorite holiday.. Halloween!!!
I just LOVE Halloween!
Oh, yea! Watch for plenty Halloween tutorials coming up soon as well!!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this! And so simple too! What a cute way to dress up a onesie.

    Would love for you to come by and link this up to my new diy fashion linky party called DIY Diva Thursdays! We need more baby fashion linked up ;) We party until Monday...Hope to see you!

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for the invite, I just linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featured you on MFTM FB today :)

    Kara
    www.facebook.com/mineforthemaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the tutorial. I must try. :) Thanks for sharing @ Show & Share! Hope you'll come back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet pleats - love this refashion!

    ReplyDelete